Monday, October 11, 2010

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door..."

Milton Berle







When my wonderful Associate Librarian, Kate, and I put these frustrating, sticky, pain-in-the-rear letters on the door of the archives (pictured above) I thought to myself, “Is this really necessary?  Do we need to label this room?”

Once they were up, I realized that we do, not only because space is of a premium here at KWU and we had to mark our territory, but because it makes this room and this project an official  part of the Kansas Wesleyan University landscape.  Plus, they look really nice!


I worked on organizing some pictures last Friday, and found that we have so many great photos that have been kept through the past 125 years, but no one bothered to label them.  Now that everything is digital, this isn’t such an issue.   If you have photos sitting around at home, label them, make a scrapbook, anything, so that later, when you aren’t around, it can serve as an important memory to others!

No comments:

Post a Comment